DSNWK is looking to hire an area Nurse to cover the Norton, Hill City, and Hoxie, KS area. Main office located in Norton, KS at the Frontier Developmental Center. Interested in potential LPN and RN licensed Applicants.
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN Job Responsibilities: Promote and provide professional medical assistance, as needed, for health care, collaborating with physicians, and multidisciplinary team members. Coordinate and supervise within assigned area(s) the medical and health care services provided to individuals served in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and agency policies.The treatment of individuals served with dignity and respect is a prime responsibility.
Interested Applicants should apply at https://dsnwk.e3applicants.com/careers/Nurse--Norton-KS-187 .
Participate and/or provide information in the life planning process for individuals who have been assigned to caseload.
Maintain a cooperative professional relationship among teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating and contributing in team problem-solving methods.
Promote individual's independence by addressing medical treatments, assisting in understanding conditions, medications, self-care skills; answering questions.
Protects individuals and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
Implement appropriate protective and preventative health measures for individuals served as per agency policy and other applicable regulations.
Oversee the safe and appropriate administration, storage, labeling and record keeping of medications.
Provide training to staff on person specific medical topics and treatments.
Maintain a nursing record that includes documentation of individual's care, treatments, physician orders, and complies with DSNWK policies, as well as federal and state regulations. This would include electronic updates to the person served information and progress notes.
Perform, document and distribute medical screenings of persons served (weight, blood pressure, etc.)
Participate equally in the Weekend Nurse on-call responsibility with other agency nurses, as assigned. Complete and submit Nursing On Call Documentation (ADM-047) daily or as needed for documentation of work after hours/weekends. Complete Nursing Weekend On Call Agreement CL-025h and submit to Director for compensation for weekend on call stipend.
Nurse will arrange for coverage if unable to complete work and or on call duties
Maintains continuity of care among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
Ensures operation of medical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques, if applicable.
Be informed of the rights of individuals served and ensure these rights are maintained and protected.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, needed supplies, placing orders, verifying receipt of supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
Delegate nursing activities to unlicensed assistive personnel, with the oversight and approval of a DSNWK RN/Nurse Manager.
Obtain and maintain Professional Liability Insurance and provide copy of coverage to Director.
Complete other duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager and Director of Programs and Services.
This position is responsible for maintaining confidentiality for all PHI and ePHI that is shared with this person. This position will have full access to PHI and ePHI of any individual receiving day and/or residential services from DSNWK.
1. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
2. Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
3. Assures quality of care by making or recommending necessary adjustments to meet health goals, treatments, and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
4. Licensed Practical Nurse Skills and Qualifications: Clinical Skills, Nursing Skills, Verbal communication, Listening to understand, Infection Control, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Health Promotion and Maintenance
5. Accompany individuals served to hospital to assist with admission/discharge, when appropriate
6. May be required to assist with health care of individuals served in locations.
7. Implement crisis intervention strategies including physical restraint, lifting and transferring of individuals served according to agency policy as necessary. Attend Mandt Training.
8. May be required to coordinate and attend medical appointments and facilitate protocol between staff and the medical professional(s).
9. Ability to use computer and various programs for documentation.
10. Hearing and visual capabilities must allow individual to perform comprehensive assessments.
11. Desire to work with adults with developmental disabilities.
12. Able to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
13. Valid driver's license.
14. First Aid/CPR Certified.
15. This position is not subject to the two year training period as defined by KPERS.
Education: Licensed in the State of Kansas as a Practical Nurse.
Experience: One year of professional nursing experience preferred. Prior personal or job related exposure to people with developmental disabilities is preferred.
Physical requirements: Must be physically able to evacuate persons served in the event of an emergency and be able to apply necessary behavior management techniques as directed by the individual's Life Plan. Position may have other physical requirements for specific work sites, i.e. climbing stairs, extended periods of standing, etc.
Apply at: https://dsnwk.e3applicants.com/careers/Nurse--Norton-KS-187