Position Description: This position supports the staff in the Office of Global Partnerships and is a permanent, full-time, benefits eligible position. Positions at this level are expected to demonstrate professionalism and maintain security and confidentiality of office documents, records and information. A successful candidate must be able to communicate professionally; possess excellent problem-solving and time management skills; be detail orientated; multi-task; and have the ability to determine priorities and meet deadlines. This position performs at a high level and serves as a back-up liaison for the office with other internal offices and colleges and external university partners and independent contractors. This position must perform a wide variety of administrative support duties ranging from personal assistant duties to complex administrative coordination.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or GED equivalency and one year of office experience or one year of post-secondary education.
· Bachelor's degree
· Experience at an institution of higher education
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Office as evidenced by application materials
· Experience providing exceptional customer service
· Excellent grammatical and proofreading skills as evidenced by application materials
Appointment Date: January 2021
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $13.98 per hour
· Plan, prioritize, and schedule meetings, appointments, and events for the Assistant Vice President and make decisions on a daily basis regarding calendars.
· Initial point of contact for students, faculty, staff, partners and agents who come into the office, or by email, telephone, or social media regarding information about FHSU Global Partnerships.
· Organize and maintain digital and paper files and records, with primary responsibility for maintaining the security and confidentiality of all departmental files.
· Maintain the department’s budget by overseeing processes, accounts, ordering, and purchasing.
· Assist department staff with reports for internal departments and colleges and external university partnerships and agencies; assist with preparation of presentation materials, including editing content and adding appropriate graphic and design elements.
· Compose and prepare correspondence including annual letters to international partners and agents.
· Assist with preparing promotional fliers, forms and reports using appropriate Microsoft Office and Excel spreadsheet tools; perform statistical calculations on data for reports and presentations.
· Responsible for the support of human resources and payroll processes.
· Arrange and coordinate travel and travel reimbursement for staff.
· Verify business procurement card transactions for department cardholders.
· Maintain documentation of signed agreements for international partnerships and independent contractors.
· Maintain partnership and agent lists of contract information and partnership codes.
· Assist with partner proposals and serve as a resource for information related to the administration of the proposals.
· Assist with other duties as may be required for efficient operations of the Office with partners and independent contractors.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Cindy Elliott, Assistant Vice President for Global Partnerships
About Fort Hays State University:
Founded in 1902, FHSU is a leading, forward-thinking university of the Midwest, with student enrollment of more than 15,500 (including 4,500+ on the Hays campus, a unique China partnership program with enrollment of 4,000 students, and Virtual College enrollment at over 7,000). Over 400 faculty and more than 500 professional and staff support and guide degree and certificate programs for the associate’s, bachelor's, and master's programs, and for the Doctorate of Nursing Practice, representing 31 departments within these academic divisions:
· College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
· W.R. and Yvonne Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship
· College of Education
· College of Health and Behavioral Sciences
· Peter Werth College of Science, Technology, and Mathematics
· Graduate School
Fort Hays State University provides exceptional opportunities for students from Kansas, the region, and the world, and the University attracts goal-oriented students who want premier learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom combined with one-to-one attention and support. FHSU students graduate with the knowledge, professional skills, and confidence to have a competitive edge in their chosen careers. Upon graduation, 95% of FHSU students find a job or placement in graduate school.
About Hays, Kansas:
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.