The case manager is responsible for the patient’s case management which is a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation and advocacy for options and services to meet health needs through communication and available resources to promote quality cost effective outcomes.
- Collects and assesses initial and on-going data about the health status, cultural influences and belief or value system of the patient.
- Initiates the evidence based discharge plan of care process for immediate and long-term outcomes including patient education, evaluation of patient response.
- Carries out plan of care safely and in compliance with policy to facilitate achievement of expected outcomes.
- Provides patient education by explaining plan of care, discharge plans and available resources at a level the patient can understand; addresses patient's questions and concerns; verifies patient informed consent when indicated.
- Evaluates patient response based upon expected outcomes.
- Documents and communicates all required components of patient care.
Infection Control: Initial and Ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Trainings could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.
Patient Interaction: Frequent
HIPAA: This position will have access to the following Protected Health Information in order to carry out the duties related to their position at HaysMed based on the following criteria: Primary - required (routine) to do the jobSecondary - required for the job, but mostly be exceptionNone - no approved accessDescription of Information LevelPrimary: Patient Demographic Information (information used to identify a person): Name, Date of Birth, Address, Race, Marital Status, Religion Financial Information/Insurance (information related to insurance, billing and payment): Billing Information, Payer Name, Payer ID, Account Balances, Plan Elements Covered, Payment Information, Payment Rates Clinical Information (information that describes a patient's health status): Diagnosis, Reports/Medical Notes, Test Results, Problem List, Procedures, History and Physical Coding Information (clinical information that is in (alpha) numeric format): ICD-9 Codes, Rev Codes, CPT Codes Infection Control:Initial and Ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Training's could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Has knowledge of general nursing theory and practice required; knowledge of adult learning principles, methods and techniques involved in educating patients and modifying individualized care plans for care of specific medical cases.
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification required or must complete BLS certification within the first two weeks of employment; certification additional certification may be required for certain patient care settings or populations.
- Current Licensed Registered Nurse in Kansas.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Wound Care Certification (WCC); Ostomy and Continence Certification.
Hays Med is an EOE.