Position Description: Full-time Custodian position working at Gross Coliseum, Cunningham Hall, and the Lewis Field Facility. Regular hours are Monday – Friday, 2:00pm to 10:30pm, with occasional weekend hours required.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED
· 1-2 years custodial experience
· Experience operating custodial equipment (high speed floor buffer, carpet extractor, floor auto scrubber)
Application Deadline: Review of the applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $12.02 per hour, plus shift differential
· Primary responsibility of custodian is to clean the assigned building in such a way as to promote health and safety. Following proper procedures and protocols.
· Responsible for general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, and furniture.
· Operate and maintain power equipment and hand tools: floor auto scrubbers, carpet extractors, high pressure washers, high speed floor buffer and vacuums.
· Dust and clean the facilities and furnishings.
· Sweep and mop floors.
· Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
· Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors.
· Empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers.
· Clean and sanitize restrooms using established practices and procedures and refill restroom dispensers.
· Wash interior and exterior windows.
· Assist with setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences rooms, and events.
· Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and outside grounds.
· Replace light bulbs.
· Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Academic and Athletic event set up and tear down. (sporting events, hosting events, commencement etc.)
Applicants selected for an interview will need to bring the names and contact information for three professional references to the interview.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Troy Keller