The service assistant independently performs dietetic duties including but not limited to: sorting, cleaning and sanitizing dishes and food delivery carts, monitors dish machine temperatures, assembles meal trays, cleans and sanitizes work area, and operates and maintains equipment.
- Greets patient and obtains proper patient identifiers as provided in Room Service Training Manual.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients and others encountered throughout organization.
- Notifies nursing staff of patients who have ordered insulin.
- Compiles and delivers floor stock and patient nourishments.
- Communicates with host/hostess on cart delivery.
- Assembles patient meals as per patient order.
- Sets timers and ensures meal delivery within specified time allotment.
- Communicates with Call Center Associates, Cooks, and Hostess/Hostess needs for proper meal assembly and delivery.
- Restocks and cleans area.
- Properly cleans pots and pans and runs through dish machine.
- Properly fills/drains dish machine.
- Cleans machine properly.
- Dispose of trash, sweep and mop, clean hand sinks as per task sheet.
- Clean and sanitize food carts.
- Puts freight in assigned location in kitchen, completes proper acknowledgment of freight items received.
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.