This position will split responsibilities between supervising the front office and assisting digital communications in the Office of Admissions. In the role of Front Office Coordinator, the position will oversee student customer service, processing of travel, clerical, and administrative duties according to established procedures and policies. Provides office administrative support, student supervision, including greeting, directing guests. In the role of the Communication Assistant, the position works directly with the admissions counselor assigned to digital responsibilities by providing support in CRM clean-up, reporting, and assisting others.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or GED equivalency and one year of office experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Supervisory experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Experience with organizing office records management and database management
- Experience in CRM or ability to learn in a high-tech environment
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023. The review of applications will begin immediately following the application deadline and continue until the position is filled.
Appointment Date: Start date to be determined after acceptance of an offer and completion of criminal background check.
- Oversee customer service operations, including walk-in, phone, and email communications
- Assist with the hiring, supervising and providing ongoing training for student employees
- Maintain and organize calendars, travel, schedules, and meetings
- Assist with scheduling departmental visits for incoming students
- Assist with and coordinate professional meetings
- Maintain records and filing systems and utilize word processing, database, and spreadsheet skills
- Assist the Digital Communication Counselor with managing the university’s CRM for on-campus undergraduate recruiting
- Edit and update prospective student information in CRM
- Serve as a team member on the communication and marketing teams within the university
- Compile information and organize it into relevant reports
- Produce and format documents; perform composition, editing, proofreading, and aggregation of data tasks
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a resume and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Kyle Stacken
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately 20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking, running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming, low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination: Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.