The Outside Salesperson sells KanEquip Wholegoods to its agricultural, construction, and consumer customers. He / she achieves targeted and agreed upon sales performance goals through customer acquisition, development, and retention. Excellent customer service and follow through on commitments is required, as well as working with other departments (Parts, Service, Corporate) to give the customer a seamless, coordinated experience.
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Sales Performance: Achieves or exceeds all defined sales performance objectives (revenue, margin, turnover).
- Sales Process: Follow up on leads and referrals promptly and effectively. Spend majority of time with customers, in the office or in the field as appropriate. Have specific targets and processes for customer acquisition, development, and retention, possibly including focus on specific geographic territories. Conduct professional sales presentations, including equipment demos, ensuring the customer has accurate and pertinent information for their needs. Ensures excellent aftersales experience with delivery and initial experience.
- Sales Operation Excellence: Ensures all paperwork is completed in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. This would include trade appraisals / descriptions, contracts, warranties, and wholegoods sales tickets. Pictures of equipment must be timely with high quality for internet postings. Assist other sales people with trade valuations and product information. Be technically proficient on all sales tools, both the internal information systems, as well as vendor sites for information.
- Customer Satisfaction: Ensures high level of customer satisfaction as measured by customer surveys and ongoing customer contact. Take effective action to resolve any customer issues that occur. Ensure all commitments made to customers are satisfied including requests for information, delivery of product or anything committed for another employee to execute (i.e.parts, service).
- Communications: Ensures good communication within location, and with other locations / employees.
- Facility Standards: Ensure a clean office, clean desk, and clean company vehicle. Assist the Store Manager, Location Assistant, and other employees in keeping a clean and safe facility. Assist with literature racks and showroom displays as needed.
- Compliance: Comply with all trucking regulations and vehicle inspections and mileage logs as required.
- Employee Development: Continuously learns and applies new skills, strategies, and techniques. Develops and maintains a high level of product, market, and industry knowledge, including both equipment and precision farming. Work with supervisor to have an ongoing development plan including both instructor-led and web-based training opportunities.
- Marketing Activities / Community Relations: Assist with store-led marketing activities, events, and promotions as needed. Maintain a professional and contributory status in the community.
- Previous sales experience highly preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in an equipment dealership highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Knowledge of agricultural and construction equipment required.
- Solid analytical, sales process, financial, and problem solving skills required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends
- Ability to travel to company meetings and training events as needed