Locations: KanEquip is seeking applicants for 3 sales persons to cover the following territories:
-Northcentral and Southwest Kansas
-Northeast and Southeast Kansas
KanEquip has been in business for over 52 years, starting in Wamego, KS. In 1999 KanEquip was formed by merging several locations together. KanEquip is currently one of the largest equipment dealers in North America. KanEquip has grown to having 14 locations across Kansas and Nebraska with over 300 employees. Our main lines are New Holland and Case-IH with quickly growing lines of JCB and Landpride along with many great shortline companies. KanEquip’s mission is “to be a leader and trusted partner in providing quality products, support and innovative solution to agricultural producers in the Midwest”. KanEquip would love to make you a part of our family and team!
The Light Industrial sales person will focus on the JCB brand of construction equipment and promote Public Sector sales. He / she achieves targeted and agreed upon sales performance goals through customer acquisition, development, and retention. Excellent customer service and follow through on commitments is required, as well as working with other KanEquip departments (Parts, Service, Corporate) to give the customer a seamless, coordinated experience. Have the ability to resolve customer inquiries and complaints. Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest developments. Create sales material to present to customers. Partner with vendors to our mutual benefit to grow local market share.
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Sales Performance: Achieves or exceeds all defined sales performance objectives (revenue, margin and turnover).
- Sales Process: Segment customers by agency type and/or geography as needed. Follow up on leads and referrals promptly and effectively. Have specific targets and processes for customer acquisition, development, and retention, including disciplined pipeline / opportunity management. Manage RFP, RFQ, Bid responses in a timely and professional manner, including attending government meetings, bid openings as required. Conduct professional sales presentations, including equipment demos, ensuring the customer has accurate and pertinent information for their needs. Ensures excellent aftersales experience with delivery and initial experience.
- Sales Operations Excellence: Ensures all paperwork is completed in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. Be technically proficient on all sales tools, both the internal information systems, as well as vendor sites for needed information.
- Customer Satisfaction: Ensures high level of customer satisfaction as measured by customer surveys and ongoing customer contact. Take effective action to resolve any customer issues that occur. Ensure all commitments made to customers are satisfied including requests for information, delivery of product or anything committed for another employee to execute (i.e. parts, service).
- Communications: Ensures good communication with all locations / KanEquip personnel.
- Office and Vehicle Standards: Ensure a clean office, clean desk, and clean company vehicle. Comply with all trucking regulations and vehicle inspections and mileage logs as required.
- Employee Development: Continuously learns and applies new skills, strategies, and techniques. Develops and maintains a high level of product, market, and industry knowledge. Keeps informed of all government programs to maximize revenue and profitability for the company, both for sales and leases. Work with supervisor to have an ongoing development plan including both instructor-led and web-based training opportunities.
- Marketing Activities / Community Relations: Assist with Public Sector focused marketing activities, events, and promotions as needed. Maintain a professional and contributory status in the community.
- Previous sales experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an equipment dealership highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Knowledge of construction equipment required
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong negotiation skills
- Solid analytical, sales process, financial, and problem solving skills required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends
- Ability to travel to company meetings and training events as needed
- Must have CDL
- Ability to learn and understand CRM
- Ability to use computer and iPad
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate motor vehicle
Salary + Commission
Medical, vision and dental Coverage
Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Apply online at www.kanequip.com or contact our Recruiter at 785-458-3325