Position Description: Custodian, Fort Hays State University, Academic Buildings, full-time position. Regular Hours: Monday-Thursday, 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM, Friday, 12:00 PM to 8:30 PM,
with occasional weekend hours required.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED
· 1-2 years custodial experience
· Experience operating custodial equipment (high speed floor buffer, carpet extractor, floor auto scrubber)
Appointment Date: Start date will be determined after acceptance of an offer and background check clearance.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Salary: $12.02 per hour, plus $.30 shift differential
· Primary responsibility of custodian is to clean the assigned building in such a way as to promote health and safety.
· Responsible for general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, and furniture.
· Operate and maintain power equipment and hand tools: floor auto scrubbers, carpet extractors, high pressure washers, high speed floor buffer and vacuums.
· Dust and clean facilities and furnishings.
· Sweep and mop floors.
· Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
· Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors.
· Empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers.
· Clean and sanitize restrooms using established practices and procedures and refill restroom dispensers.
· Wash interior and exterior windows.
· Assist with setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, and events.
· Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and outside grounds.
· Replace light bulbs.
· Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Application Documents: Applicants should submit a resume with the names and contact information for three professional references.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact: