APPLY ONLINE: https://www.applitrack.com/haysusd489/onlineapp/
High School Library Secretary
Starting Wage: $12.06/hr, 8 hrs/day, 185 days/yr
· Full District Paid Single Medical and Dental Coverage
· Free Annual Eye Exams with Medical Coverage
· Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Vision Materials Coverage
· District Paid Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life
· Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identify Theft Insurance
· Flexible Spending options for Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
· District contribution to Health Saving Account
· District contribution to 403b retirement plan in addition to KPERS - State of Kansas Retirement
· Tuition Assistance partnership with FHSU
· Paid Time Off
· Seasonal Breaks, Weekends, Holidays Off
The Library Secretary has various duties and responsibilities to take care of in their job. These duties are important in order to keep the library running smoothly as they assist the Main Librarian.
The following are the common duties and responsibilities of a Library Secretary:
- Check out library books to patrons and collect the returned materials.
- Oversee student behavior while in the library.
- Reshelve all returned materials.
- Repair damaged materials.
- Catalog and maintain the library materials.
- Handle loans between libraries.
- Use and maintain the library computer system, adding new patrons, sending overdue notices, etc.
- Teach people how to use the library resources.
- Answer any questions from patrons.
- Perform routine tasks such as answering phone calls/emails and organizing files.
- Help plan and participate in special library events such Scholastic Book Fair and other events.