Custodian, Fort Hays State University, Residential Life, full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED
· Custodial experience
· Experience operating custodial equipment (high speed floor buffer, carpet extractor, floor auto scrubber)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 29, 2021
SALARY: $12.32 per hour, plus full benefit package
· Primary responsibility of custodian is to clean the assigned building in such a way as to promote health and safety.
· Operate power equipment (floor scrubbers, carpet extractors, high pressure washers, high speed floor buffer and vacuums)
· Clean and sanitize restrooms.
· Assist with setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, and events.
· Snow removal from sidewalks and outside grounds.
· Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
Applicants that are selected for an interview will need to bring the names and contact information for three professional references to the interview.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Lucas Depenbusch
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.