JOB SUMMARY: Pages assist with the care and maintenance of HPL collections and facilitate the finding of all materials in the library building.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Completes varied tasks such as
o Sorting and shelving library materials
o Getting the book drop
o Content checking for a/v items
o Retrieving books and other materials
o Creating displays
o Keeping items and spaces orderly (shelf reading), and
o Shifting collections as assigned.
2. Be familiar with our collection of physical materials and online resources.
3. Must be able to push a full cart of books and other materials (50+ lbs.).
4. Must be able to bend and stoop, stand on stools, occasionally kneel, and reach above head.
Contributes to the achievement of the goals and mission of the library.
- Attends trainings as needed.
- Attends and participates in HPL staff meetings as appropriate.
4. Assists patrons with directions in the library. 5. Performs other duties as assigned by the Collections Manager or the director. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: None required.
Must be able to
● File library materials alphabetically and numerically.
● Establish & maintain effective and courteous working relations with library staff.
● Follow instructions and work without supervision.
● Communicate to library patrons.
● Operate office machines and computers.
● Demonstrate basic computer skills including knowledge of MS office software, Google suite for library communication, and ability to learn the library circulation system.