As a full-time Field Appraiser I with Ellis County, you'll work with our experienced team of Appraisers to discover, list, and value all taxable property in the county.
Job Summary: The Field Appraiser, who under the general supervision of the County Appraiser and Deputy County Appraiser, performs technical work in measuring, classifying, gathering data, recording, sketching and calculating various types of real estate and personal property values. Employee is also responsible for valuation of personal property. The employee in this position is responsible for securing information on properties and uses formulas in arriving at values. The Field Appraiser is expected to acquire independence in responding to citizen’s inquiries providing accurate information or referrals regarding department related issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collects data for residential and agricultural properties, determining size, types of structure and materials used;
- Maintains real property records, including sketches and plot plans, due to inspections of residential and agricultural properties;
- Values and records personal property assets following state guidelines;
- Prepares renditions of assessment of personal property;
- Prepares personal property abatements;
- Explains valuations of personal property and methods used to achieve valuations;
- Performs research activities for department and compiles data and information;
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Possess and maintain a valid Kansas driver's license.
- 6 months of related experience preferred.
- Regular attendance is required. Hours are Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
- Working for Ellis County provides an opportunity to do meaningful work in a stable environment. Careers in local government allow you to impact your community in a BIG way!
- Employer sponsored health and dental insurance + vision plan offerings, employer sponsored life insurance, KPERS retirement-disability-life insurance, voluntary deferred compensation plan with employer contributions, 10 paid holidays, longevity bonus and service recognition, and other supplemental plan offerings.
- Flexible paid time off (starting at 168 hours accrued your first year) and employee assistance plan for work/life support.
- Supportive team environment, training and development offerings, and tuition assistance for approved courses/certifications to assist with career advancement goals.
How to Apply: Ellis County is an EOE. View the expanded job description and submit your Ellis County application online. https://www.ellisco.net/Jobs
Ellis County Paper applications may also be delivered or mailed to Ellis County KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601