Heartland Credit Union is looking for a full-time Teller to work at our Hays location.
Looking for a positive, friendly and motivated individual who enjoys customer service and sales. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Heartland has a quality training program and this is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in the financial services field and be a part of a growing company!
Our Tellers are eligible for an awesome benefits package including health and dental Insurance, paid Life & LTD Insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays, small friendly work environment, opportunity for advancement and much more!
No evenings or Sundays!
Heartland Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative serving over 36,000 members. We've been proudly serving our members since 1948. HCU has many locations in Kansas including Wichita, Hutchinson, Newton, Haven, Hays, and Ness City. Learn more about Heartland Credit Union by going to www.hcu.coop
This person will work from our Hays branch, located at 2825 Plaza Avenue, Hays, KS.
Looking for someone to work full-time, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and rotating Saturdays from 8:45 - 12:15 p.m.
Hours (Office): Mon-Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm Sat: 9:00am - 12:00pm | | Hours (Drive-thru): Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm Sat: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Greets members entering the branch, directs them to the correct staff member for assistance and provides assistance with ATM usage, coin counting machine, safety deposit boxes and other branch services.
- Responsible for providing excellent member service while performing a variety of paying and receiving functions including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashiers' checks, money orders, and cash advances.
- Balances each day's transactions and verifies cash totals.
- Discusses credit union products and services with members.
- Ensures members are promptly and professionally served.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Provides superior service to our members.
- Pro-actively support and advance HCU's brand platform.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous customer service and sales experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Experience working in a financial institution is helpful but not required.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Friendly and enthusiastic demeanor
- Sales focused.
- Well organized.
- Willingness to assist others.
- Able to operate related computer applications and PC.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication abilities.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Valid driver's license.
- Will be required to complete Heartland's Teller Education program.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
Check out a full list of our benefits on our Career Page by going to www.hcu.coop
and then finding "Careers."
For immediate consideration:
To apply from our career site, go to Apply Now. If you are viewing from an outside posting board, go to www.hcu.coop
, then find "Careers." You must create an account to apply and upload a resume. All inquiries are completely confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
Heartland Credit Union an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Heartland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Heartland hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. This practice applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and education, promotion, termination, compensation and all conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.