Seeking an engineer to join our planning and distribution team; work directly with experienced engineers to learn about the company, its Members, and advance your career!
Sunflower, a generation and transmission cooperative serving Kansans, is hiring a Planning and Distribution Engineer I-Senior in Hays or Great Bend, KS! Work alongside seasoned engineers to advance your knowledge in the field of electrical engineering while directly contributing to Sunflower’s overall mission. Use your critical thinking skills, experience, and expertise to achieve the lowest cost, most reliable, and environmentally sound electric transmission and distribution possible.
- Perform studies or analyses to determine the optimum size, configuration, and timing of new Sunflower transmission or Member distribution facilities or upgrades to existing facilities
- Assist with executing short-term and long-term work plans for Member systems and Sunflower transmission system
- Receive support from seasoned engineers while directly contributing to the departments responsibilities
- Receive outstanding benefits including low health insurance premiums and a company-funded pension
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering program from an ABET accredited institution, preferably with an emphasis in power systems and/or related engineering internship or co-op work.
Refer to the Responsibility Outlines for a complete list of qualifications:
Sunflower Electric Power Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.