Skilled Tradesman in Construction
With RDH Electric & Construction we are offering paid, on the job training and are looking for candidates with experience working manual labor.
Candidates would primarily assist project lead men doing a variety of general construction/maintenance labor tasks. Knowledge of proper and safe use of construction equipment and tools is helpful but will train as needed.
Candidates must be:
· Self-Motivated - candidates will work alone but also in team settings
· Able to complete daily tasks according to work schedule
· Willing to learn and problem solve
· Able to communicate & possess good customer service skills
· Able to maintain professional appearance
Performs any combination of the following duties on construction projects, usually working in a utility capacity and by transferring from one task to another. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drive stakes and stretch tight lines.
- Bolts, nails and aligns and blocks up under forms.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications, using skid steer and shovels
- Places concrete, using float, trowel and screed.
- Positions, joins and aligns and seals pipe sections.
- Ability to operate trencher, scissor lift, lull, skid steer
- Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam, or paint through hose to clean, coat or seal crevices.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools, such as demolishing buildings, sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, mounting pipe hangers, and cutting and attaching insulating materials.
- Work is usually performed with other workers.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Valid state of Kansas driver’s license required
· Capable of lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance
· Ability to obtain a CDL
· Must pass drug testing
· Associates degree in Carpentry/Construction or 1-5 years of related experience
· Legal to work in the United States
· Must have dependable transportation to and from work
· Reliable and punctual with a positive attitude
· Good communication skills, able to keep accurate records
· Be able to work 40-hour work-week, and overtime as necessary (occasional weekends)
· Be able to work in all weather, temperatures, and conditions under which the job must be performed
· Not interested in 3rd party recruiting firms
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to do paperwork and operate heavy equipment.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, kneel, squat 100%.
- Must be able to use hands to grasp, handle, and feel 100%.
- Must be able to climb and balance well enough to mount equipment by climbing up and down steps as needed.
- Must be able to lift-up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to work with or without close supervision once directed on task
- Obeys and follows all safety rules on the job site and encourages others to do the same.
- Maintains a good relationship with the team and works well with others to accomplish a task.
- Frequent climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching and handling.
Pay: $15.00-$20.00 Hourly (negotiable depending upon experience)
Benefits: Health and Life Insurance · Paid vacation, sick and holiday time · Performance bonuses · All tools, work shirts, and company truck provided
EEOE: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.