Position Description: The Administrative Specialist reports to the Assistant VP of Technology Services and CIO and provides support for the Office of Technology Services. This position is responsible for implementing a variety of administrative duties to assist in the efficiency & overall performance of the department’s operations. These responsibilities include providing communication & clerical support, preparing correspondence, handling various departmental requests & tasks, providing purchasing support, making travel arrangements, and maintaining calendars & schedules. The role involves professional interaction with both internal and external individuals. Requires the ability to work independently, manage several tasks simultaneously, and utilize standard office tools and technology. Will supervise and provide leadership to student employees.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or GED equivalency and two years of office experience or two years of post-secondary education.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher or two plus years of office experience
· Experience with scheduling or meeting management
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
· Highly detailed and very organized
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
· Ability to work independently
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Supervisory experience
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Appointment Date: The start date will be determined after acceptance of an offer and successful completion of a background check.
Salary: $15.06 per hour, plus benefits
· This position is the primary contact for students, faculty, and staff who come into the office, email, or telephone the office for information.
· Perform record keeping & clerical functions, such as scheduling & reserving conference rooms for events; copying, filing, faxing, & scanning documents for various departmental employees; answering incoming phone calls & directing/transferring to correct individuals; compose and/or prepare documents, reports, and emails using various Microsoft Office applications; order & purchase office supplies; receive & distribute mail, documents, and packages.
· Verify procurement card transactions for all department cardholders. Collect & process receipts for departmental employees and record transactions accurately in Workday following University policies and procedures.
· Interview, train, and supervise student employees.
· Assist TigerTech with scheduling and coordinating new computer installs and/or maintenance.
· Coordinate travel arrangements for staff members, and process all internal travel documentation and receipts as required per FHSU travel policies and procedures
· Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check if applicable for the position.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position
: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.