DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides leadership in the area of financial management and assists with administrative responsibilities to support the overall success of Jana’s Campaign. This includes all aspects of our financial operations and internal office controls. The Office and Financial Manager will serve under the direction of the Jana’s Campaign Executive Director and in support of the mission to reduce gender and relationship violence.
Financial Management (60%)
- Manage, process, and record all income and expenditures for the organization, including tracking and entering donations, grant funds, event ticketing, summit registrations; as well as monitoring, recording, and paying all bills.
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and assist with the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors, accountants and the finance committee of the board of directors.
- Support the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the executive director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep the executive director abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the executive director and as needed to the board of directors.
- Assist with grant applications, reporting, and financial management as needed.
- Manage software platforms relative to accounting and donor management.
- Support and attend all meetings of the Board of Directors Finance Committee.
Human Resources and Administration (40%)
- Assist the executive director with human resources processes such as hiring and on-boarding for new employees; liaise with insurance and benefit providers; and maintain and update organizational policies and procedures as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of and provide data for the organization annual report.
- Prepare and submit all reports for the federal government, Kansas and other states as needed, such as annual reports, charitable organization registration, SAM.gov registration; and assist our external accountant with the preparation of all IRS reports.
- Manage office inventory and maintain adequate office supplies.
- Assist with planning and coordinating, registration, and financial reporting for large-scale events such as summits and fundraising galas.
- Attend and record the meeting minutes for Board of Directors meetings.
- Assist with organization marketing. Including drafting materials, assisting with social media platforms and working with contracted team members (Web Management, Marketing).
- Assist with all areas of data collection, database management and program evaluation.
- Provide general office support – phone, email, correspondence, etc.
- Other tasks as requested or assigned to serve the mission of Jana’s Campaign.
- Two year equivalent or higher for collegiate education preferred, with coursework and professional development that supports this position
- Experience with organizational financial records
- Preferred one year or more experience in an office environment
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and orally with staff, volunteers, partners, donors, and the general public
- Ability to utilize electronic communication and computer applications
- Ability to implement and help manage fundraising activities
- Experience as an independent problem solver while at the same time contributing as a team player
- Must be able to pass a background check and consent to random drug testing, and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Jana’s Campaign
- Position is based in Hays, Kansas
- Flexible schedule available, expected to work 20/30 hours per week
- Hourly pay negotiable
Screening of applications will begin March 20, 2020, and continue until the position is filled. The successful applicant will be expected to begin immediately.
The following application materials should be emailed to Kaiti Dinges, Executive Director, [email protected]
Receipt of your application will be confirmed by email. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter stating that you are applying for the Financial and Office Manager position with Jana’s Campaign. The letter should include your experiences as it relates to the responsibilities and qualifications listed in this job announcement.
- Resume which includes education background, professional and work experience and all other qualifications that relate to this position.
- Provide at least three up-to-date references who can support and verify your experiences, qualifications and accomplishments.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Jana’s Campaign is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.