Nex-Tech is a broadband and technology company that connects thousands of people and businesses through a robust fiber network. We deliver the highest quality Internet, with speeds up to 1 Gig, streaming TV, home security, and local and long-distance phone service. Nex-Tech also provides an array of enterprise solutions including cloud services, Hosted PBX, network security, managed IT, physical security and surveillance, advertising solutions, and network operations monitoring to business clients nationwide. Nex-Tech focuses on providing our customers the best technology and support with the best people and has been doing so for more than 70 years.
Our Network Operations Technician will assist in monitoring the Internet network and all associated equipment to determine network stability, traffic throughput, assess server overloads, link capacities and outages, and all other events that are detrimental to customer service. Maintains routers, switches, network management systems (NMS), and alarm collection. Assists in the assessment and implementation of software and appliance-based IP security measures in both public and private segments of the network. Candidate will assist in documenting and managing IP address schemes and assigning IP addresses.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of networking, routing, protocols, and testing.
- Knowledge of switching, tagging, and transport protocols.
- Knowledge of cat6 cabling, termination, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of UNIX, LINUX and Windows-based servers.
- Knowledge of Cisco, Extreme, Calix, and Cambium equipment and other command line interfaces.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Communications Technology, Computer Information Systems, or the equivalent.
- Three years of experience in LAN/WAN networking, Central Office transport, IP transport, IPTV, VoIP, routing and network design, or equivalent experience.
- Must possess a Kansas Driver’s license
- This position requires completion of a background check.
- Consistent Training and Mentoring
- Great Work Environment
- Health Insurance Options, including Company HSA Contribution
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Savings Plan Options, with Company Match
- Competitive Wages and Profit-Sharing Bonus
Nex-Tech is an equal opportunity employer and provider.