The dietitian is responsible for: assessing and documenting patient nutritional status; consulting with physician and other health care personnel to determine nutritional needs; instructing and educating patients and their families in nutritional principles, food plans, food selection, and preparation; creating and presenting nutritional education programs; updates policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain standards of care and regulatory requirements.
- Completes nutritional assessments to evaluate patient’s nutritional status.
- Documents nutritional assessment, recommendations, and response to nutritional therapy in a timely manner.
- Provides nutritional counseling in accordance with physician’s written orders.
- Coordinates specialized patient needs with Call Center Associates.
- Enters patient needs, supplements/snacks in dietetic services software.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates nutritional care plans and provides follow-up documentation.
- Assists in creating, reviewing, and revising policies.
- Recognizes and participates in quality improvement projects.
- Keeps abreast of current dietetic issues, serves as a resource for staff, students, other interested individuals.
- Provides clinical nutrition services for HaysMed.
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.