Under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician I is responsible for performing supportive clerical and technical tasks to assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care.
- Assists in processing medication orders through timely removal of labels from printer and prompt preparation of medications for dispensing
- Monitors stock on hand, identifies and returns overstocks, runs reports, stocks, and maintains inventory and contacts vendors regarding the availability of needed items
- Inspects areas where medication is stored including proper storage conditions and removal of outdated medications
- Reviews out-of-the ordinary/costly prescriptions with pharmacists
- Coordinates and performs advanced data maintenance and reporting activities to ensure appropriate record keeping
- Enters new patients and medications into the system
- Fills prescriptions and dispenses pharmaceuticals authorized by the pharmacist
- Accepts prescriptions, researches and verifies patient insurance and prescription information, and enters data into computer system to facilitate the processing and filling of prescriptions
- Verifies identity, provides refill medications and collects co-payments Register sales and bank deposits nightly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Registered as a technician with the State of Kansas Board of Pharmacy within 60 days of hire
- Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques involved in performing general pharmacy services and adapting or modifying standards of pharmacy practices for care of specific medical cases.
- 2– 3 years pharmacy technician experience
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.