Early Childhood Connections is Hiring!!
Hours: Full Time
Starting salary: $11.68/hr
To Make Application, apply online:
FULL TIME Positions offer Tremendous Benefit Package, including:
- Full District Paid Single Medical and Dental Coverage
- Free Annual Eye Exams included with Medical Coverage
- Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Vision Materials Coverage
- District Paid Basic LIfe Insurance, Voluntary Life
- Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identify Theft Insurance
- Flexible Spending options for Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
- District contribution to Health Saving Account
- District contribution to 403b retirement plan in addition to KPERS - State of Kansas Retirement Program
- Paid Time Off
- Seasonal Breaks, Weekends, Holidays, and Summers Off
Begin Date: August 2022
Donna Hudson-Hamilton email@example.com
Early Childhood Connections
2501 E. 13th
Hays, Kansas 67601
Qualifications: Must have a high school diploma or equivalency. Prefer candidates with experience working with young children.
To Make Application, apply online:
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Engages and supports children and families to enhance life skills.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with families which is open, honest and caring.
- Attends and assists with parent meetings.
- Participates in and assists with Parent Conferences as appropriate.
- Models skills which promote healthy environments for children.
- Assists families in meeting goals including health requirements.
2. Assists in developing and implementing the current education curriculum.
- Works with teacher to plan individual child goals and activities.
- Participates in on-going child assessment.
- Works with the teacher to organize the environment to support children’s development.
- Supports children’s learning in every area of the classroom and outdoors.
- Participates in team teaching possibilities.
- Works with individual children, implementing lesson plans and activities to meet classroom individual goals as well as IEP goals and objectives.
3. Provides a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Follows staffing pattern as assigned by teacher to ensure children’s safety.
- Performs cleaning and organizing duties as assigned.
- Assists teacher in providing positive guidance to children.
- Promotes preventative wellness.
4. Maintains an open communication system.
- Participates openly in Center Team Meetings.
- Practices open communication with staff, families, and volunteers.
- Participates in school wide activities.
5. Promotes and respects the Code of Ethical Conduct as set forth by NAEYC.
- Maintains a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Insures confidentiality.
- Adheres to a mandatory reporting policy for child abuse and neglect.
6. Completes all other duties as assigned.
Scope of position:
Reports to the teacher. Receives moderate supervision from teacher and central office staff. Supervises children and volunteers. Works with 1-8 staff members and volunteers. Position requires decisions regarding duties and responsibilities. Moderate decisions need to be made related to children and families. Assumes supervision of the classroom during the absence of the teacher. Ongoing staff development is an integral part of the position.
Knowledge, skills, and technical ability:
Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree. Prefer candidates with experience working with young children.
Willing to certify:
- First Aid
- Child Development Associates Credential (CDA)
Must pass prior to starting position:
- TB Skin Test
- Kansas Bureau of Investigation background check
- Physical Exam
- Frequent lifting of 10-25 lbs.
- Occasional lifting & moving of 50 lbs.
- Bending, squatting, and kneeling occur frequently on a daily basis
- Fine manipulation occurs frequently
- Good communication skills including oral, written, and listening.
- Interpersonal skills working with children, volunteers, families and community members.
- Ability to make good decisions.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to work as a team player.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
Assistants work 98% of the time in the classroom. Conditions include a high noise level and a fast-paced schedule. About 2% of the time is spent working with families or in the community. Must be able to lift, move and handle up to 50 pounds. Position requires much physical activity interacting with children and requires the ability to work in a noisy environment. Office space may be shared with other staff.