Job Title: Nutrition Services – Assistant Cook- Early Childhood Connections
Number of Work Hours: 6.5 Hours per day, 4 days per week, Fridays optional at other school
Job Definition: Assist in food preparation, set up, & clean up.
- Assist in preparation of lunch (Usually items such as potato products, salad, vegetables, fruits, etc.)
- Wash dishes and set up carts for classrooms.
- Help with general put away of food and cleaning of kitchen.
1. Must be able to follow oral and written direction.
4. Must have the capacity to grasp and adjust to new and changing situations.
5. Manual dexterity and ability to work under pressure are desirable.
6. Ability to lift objects of 25 pounds.
7. Must be neat in appearance, clean, have good personal hygiene habits.
8. Must wear appropriate clothing, hairnet and comfortable appropriate shoes.
9. A health certificate is required stating healthy status and TB test or chest x-ray.
Tools and Equipment
2. Holding equipment, stove, oven, steamer
3. Portion control equipment
4. Refrigeration equipment.
1. Number of hours and days are specified in work agreement. Monday through Thursday; except for school holidays. Exceptions are stated in school calendar.
2. Nine month per year, with option to work over summer.
3. Kitchen is well lighted, ventilated and comfortable.
4. Much standing on feet required and some lifting.
1. Responsible to Kitchen Manager.
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred.
2. References required.
Term of Employment
1. At Will
1. Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with USD #489 Board of Education
Apply Online at: