LPN- School Health Aide USD 489 Hays
Schedule: 9 Month Position, 7 hours per day, 5 days per week
Compensation: $15 - 18 per hour depending on experience
• Full District Paid Single Medical and Dental Coverage
• Free Annual Eye Exams with Medical Coverage
• Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Vision Materials Coverage
• District Paid Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life
• Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identify Theft Insurance
• Flexible Spending options for Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
• District contribution to Health Saving Account
• District contribution to 403b retirement plan in addition to KPERS - State of Kansas Retirement
• Paid Time Off
• Seasonal Breaks, Weekends, Holidays Off
Must current LPN license.
• Previous healthcare experience preferred.
• Ability to do delegated tasks as able according to the Kansas Nurse Practice Act chart.
• Ability to greet students and public in a helpful, positive, and patient manner.
• Must be able to appreciate working with children of all ages and their parents.
• Comfortable with emergency situations and health issues such as vomiting, seizures, bleeding, injuries, asthma, or diabetic emergencies.
• Computer literate in word processing, data base, spreadsheets, and ability and willingness to learn new programs.
• Work cooperatively with all other district departments and personnel.
• Self-confidence, maturity, and the ability to remain calm in an emergency situation.
• Organized, self-directed, cooperative, and able to multi-task putting students’ needs first.
• A positive role model for students.
• Willingness to assist at all school locations as needed.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Essential Job Functions:
• Initiate, maintain, and update student medical and health records.
• Maintain and update student immunization records.
• Provide basic first aid and emergency care to ill and injured students as directed by the school nurse.
• Assist and participate in health screening programs.
• Perform and document accurate vital signs on students seen in the health office.
• Answer the phone.
• Keep an orderly filing system.
• Do first aid whenever the nurse is out of the office.
• Administer student medications whenever the nurse is not available.
• Be aware of students with special health concerns. Know where to access the crisis plan if needed.
• Contact parents when an ill student needs to be sent home. Notify attendance secretary of dismissal.
Marginal Job Functions:
• Maintain a clean uncluttered workstation.
• Keep counter top containers of first aid supplies filled.
• Disinfect health office surfaces.
Special Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Must be able to lift things in and out of storage.
• Must be able to climb a step stool to get things stored overhead.
• Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
• Must be able to tolerate noises such as bells, telephones, and intercoms.
• Must be able to walk rapidly at times through halls
Apply Online At: