Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: President/CEO, The Chamber in Hays, Kansas
Mission: The Chamber facilitates collaboration among businesses and community partners by cultivating and enhancing development opportunities.
- The Administrative Assistant acts as assistant to all Chamber staff and will carry out the functions and responsibilities as directed by the President/CEO. The President/CEO will have a wide scope of authority in assigning various tasks to the Administrative Assistant.
- Serves as initial point of contact welcoming visitors, answering phones, processing Chamber Cheques, managing bulk rate stamp program and other office procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 and willingness to learn Chamber Master, The Chamber’s membership management database
- Will assist staff with organizing and coordinating details for events, projects, and programs, and maintain an efficient and effective office setting
- Schedule meetings and help maintain calendars for staff
- Assists Vice President of Marketing and Communications with various communication materials, events, and activities
- Assists President/CEO with maintaining accounts payable
- Manages Welcome Home Bucket Program
- In the absence of the Vice President of Membership, the Administrative Assistant will assemble membership packets and help with potential members about membership
- Attends as well as assists in organizing, photographing, and coordinating details for ongoing activities, special events, programs, and projects
- Process HYP applications and coordinates details for HYP section of monthly newsletter
This job description may be changed and/or modified by the President/CEO and/or the Board of Directors, as they deem appropriate. The Administrative Assistant will be consulted if such action occurs.
Annual Performance Reviews will be completed with action steps and timeline determined if needed. Written summary of review will be placed in employee file.
Email a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com
The position will be open until filled.