Trego County Lemke Memorial Hospital - Laboratory Department is looking for full-time Laboratory Assistant.
- 1 full-time position available
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Rotating call week nights/weekends/holidays
- Enforce safety standards
- Ensure infection control standards
- Skilled at listening and interacting with patients
- Ability to read and communicate effective English
- Collection of lab specimens and knows how to obtain the specimen required while keeping the client’s best interest as the primary concern
- Understands how to interrupt QC readings and able to correct problems or to call for assistance from qualified technologists
- Performs Moderate Complexity testing
- Knows when to consult a supervisor for assistance in determining appropriate action is required.
- Load instruments without difficulty including the loading of reagents, controls, and calibrators when appropriate.
- Maintains records that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
Performs a variety of laboratory procedures and is responsible for patient care and safety. Functions as the first line staff with customers in the successful accomplishment of their needs. Cannot perform high complexity testing per CLIA.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY:
Our application must be completed to be considered for this position. Please send application, resume, education, licensure/certifications (if applicable) to Human Resources, 320 N. 13th St., WaKeeney, KS 67672. They may also be dropped off at the hospital business office, emailed to [email protected]
or faxed to (785) 743-6317. To request an application by mail or email, please email or call (785) 743-2182. Applications also available on our website: www.tclmh.org
Salary commensurate with education and experience. We offer a negotiable nationally competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We are a progressive CAH hospital with in-patient, swing bed, out-patient, home health, assisted living, long-term care, and clinic services.
Candidates must be energetic, possess strong leadership skills, willing to work as a team, have a positive attitude, friendly and compassionate toward patients.
For hospital information: www.tclmh.org
For community information: www.tregocountyks.com
TCLMH is an Equal Opportunity Provider/Employer (EOE) and a tobacco free campus