Northwest Kansas Community Corrections Adult Director Job Opening
Position: Director of Northwest Kansas Community Corrections (NWKCC)
Starting Salary Range: $65,000 -$70,000 depending on experience
Salary Increases: Potential salary increases based upon annual job performance evaluation completed by NWKCC Governing Board
Benefits: Health insurance, Life Insurance, KPERS, Vacation & Personnel Days
Location: Hays, Kansas Administrative Office
Estimated Starting Date: December 1, 2020
Northwest Kansas Community Corrections Director Job Description
The Director works under the authority of the NWKCC Governing Board. The Director is responsible for the overall operation of the NWKCC program. NWKCC is comprised of seventeen (17) counties in Northwest Kansas, making up the 15th, 17th, and 23rd Judicial Districts. Those counties are Cheyenne, Decatur, Ellis, Graham, Gove, Logan, Norton, Osborne, Phillips, Rawlins, Rooks, Sheridan, Sherman, Smith, Thomas, Trego, and Wallace Counties. NWKCC has full-time satellite offices in Colby, Norton, and Phillipsburg. NWKCC also contracts with the Kansas Department of Corrections (K.D.O.C) to provide parole services in the seventeen counties.
Essential Job Functions
· Ability to work under the authority of a very large and diverse NWKCC Governing Board.
· Ability to work well with and communicate with District Judges in the 15th, 17th, & 23rd Judicial Districts.
· Ability to work well with County Attorneys, Law Enforcement, Substance Abuse Providers, Mental Health Organizations, & All Social Services related services in the 15th, 17th, & 23rd Judicial Districts.
· All responsibilities associated with monitoring financial management of community corrections, parole and other grant awards.
· Considerable knowledge of laws, regulations, and statues that have an impact on the NWKCC program.
· Development, implementation, and review of statewide and agency policies and procedures.
· Development of rules, regulations, and standards in accordance with community corrections standards and the Community Corrections Act.
· Skills in policy writing, developing and implementing grants, establishing and maintaining evidence-based programming, establish goals and objectives, gathering and evaluating data.
· Abilities to respond to any financial difficulties that have an impact on program operations.
· Abilities to respond to crisis situations that effect program operations.
· Responsible for hiring, supervising, and evaluating all NWKCC personnel.
· Provide support to NWKCC personnel during the performance of their duties.
Minimum Required Education/Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or related fields.
· Minimum of five years related experience in the criminal justice system or related fields.
· Master’s degree in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or related fields.
· Six to ten years related experience in the criminal justice system or related fields.
· Experience in writing grants and developing grant funded programs.
· Experience in adult community corrections and parole supervision.
· Contact 785-625-9192 Ext 102 for additional information.
· Resumes accepted through 09/22/20.
NWKCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer