The Pressure Vessel Engineer performs calculations and analysis for ASME BPVC Section 8 Division 1 and Division 2 pressure vessels. Provides technical assistance to customers, Sales, & Production teams via drafting, calculations, and knowledge of company operations. The PVE will develop and verify production design files for compliance, accuracy & thoroughness prior to release for production. Will work directly with the sales team to meet customer requirements and requests.
1. Minimum of bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from ABET accredited university.
2. Must meet the requirements to be a “Certifying Engineer” per ASME BPVC Section VIII Division 2.
3. Kansas PE License preferred.
4. Preferred familiarity with oil production equipment.
5. Preferred familiarity with API, AWS, UL, AWWA, OSHA and ISO 9001 standards.
6. Proficiency with 3D CAD systems.
7. Proficiency with finite element analysis, to include pressure vessels and other mechanical and structural projects as needed.
8. Preferred experience with project management.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate detailed information to customers, coworkers, and management.
10. Ability to provide public speaking and customer presentations as needed.
**Applicants must be 18 years or older. We have an amazing benefits package! Benefits include Competitive Wages, Paid Health/Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Paid Life Insurance, Retirement Plan with an Employer Match, a wide range of supplemental benefits you can pick and choose from to customize your coverage, Uniforms (we even clean them for you) and Paid Time Off. Pre-Employment Drug Testing is required. **Salary dependent on skills/experience. For questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at (785)621-4075. To apply, you may fill out an application online at www.hess-services.com, stop by our office located at 2670 E. 9th Street, Hays, KS 67601 or visit your local Workforce Center. EOE.