The position is a nine-month, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Department of Management starting August 2024.
Responsibilities include teaching four courses (12 credit hours) per semester in in-person and/or asynchronous online modes at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels. Candidates are required to be engaged in scholarly activities and to render service to the profession and to the Robbins College of Business & Entrepreneurship. Evaluation is based on teaching (60%), research (20%), and service (20%), with some variation possible.
- Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Management, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Operations Management, or a related field with relevant work experience in management or be ABD and able to complete all dissertation work within one year of joining FHSU.
- Candidates must have demonstrated research potential and a record of successful teaching.
- Experience or knowledge across at least two of the following academic areas: Management, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Operations Management, or a related field.
- Familiarity with or experience in any of the following: in-person and asynchronous online instruction; corporate social responsibility; responsible management principles; management-related certifications (e.g., SHRM, PMP, Lean Systems, change management, etc.); industry experience; or social entrepreneurship.
Rank: Assistant Professor, tenure-track
Salary: Faculty salaries are set at 90% of current College and University Professional Association (CUPA) averages by rank and discipline.
- Opportunity to spread 9-month salary over 12 months
- 2.775 hours of sick leave accrued every two weeks
- Tuition assistance – Immediate Eligibility
- Employees are eligible for up to 6 credit hours per semester.
- Spouse and dependents are also eligible.
- KBOR Mandatory Retirement Plan - employee contribution of 5.5% with an employer contribution of 8.5% (one-year waiting period or upon review of immediate participation)
- Voluntary retirement plans available
- Free employee access to Tiger Fitness Center and pool
- $125 for annual family membership
- Free parking permit
Appointment Date: August 2024
Application Deadline: Initial review of applications will begin December 20, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will teach four courses per semester. The distribution of responsibilities may be modified through negotiation with the department chair. Course responsibilities will depend on the background, interests, and experience of the candidate and could include courses from the areas of general management, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, Production and Operations Management, or other relevant areas represented by courses offered by the Department of Management. Undergraduate and graduate student mentoring responsibilities also may be assigned.
The successful candidate will exhibit current scholarly interest and will commit to ongoing scholarly activity throughout the candidate’s career. The Department of Management recognizes scholarship of discovery, integration, application, and pedagogy. Joint publications are accepted and encouraged, including collaboration with students and faculty from other departments across campus.
Service to the University, Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship, department, region, and profession is expected of each faculty member.
Required Application Documents:
Applicants should submit the following documents within one PDF.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Provide two years of teaching evaluations
- Statement (150-word maximum) explaining how they will help FHSU achieve a racial, ethnic, and gender diversity that is representative of our state and student populations
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Candidates should submit all materials through the application portal. Email submissions of materials will not be considered.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact the search committee chair:
Name: Dr. Robert Lloyd
About the Department: The Department of Management has 11 full-time faculty members with approximately 375 upper-level students enrolled in domestic degree programs. Functional business specialties of Management, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, and Business Law are included in the department.
About the College: The Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship (RCOBE) offers business undergraduate degree programs and curricula in Management, Entrepreneurship, HRM, Marketing, Tourism & Hospitality Management, Accounting, Management Information Systems, Business Education, Finance, and International Business & Economics. Additionally, RCOBE offers a variety of graduate degrees and concentrations, including an MBA, Master of Professional Studies in HRM, and Master of Professional Studies in HRIS.
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately 20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking, running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming, low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination: Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.