Fort Hays State University seeks an Assistant Director of Student Engagement to serve as a leader on the Student Engagement team. The Assistant Director will assist with all areas within the department and be a champion for the Fischli-Wills Center for Student Success. The Student Engagement department has designed a model centralized programming board to increase educational engagement opportunities. Most importantly, the team works to:
- Be champions for student success.
- Cultivate leadership, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Coach and mentor students and colleagues.
- Transform student engagement in higher education.
- Foster student success initiatives.
Student Engagement is the central hub of student engagement, leadership, diversity, and advocacy. There are over 120 student organizations, including 8 fraternities and sororities, on campus. Our team provides resources, support, and information on how to become an engaged global citizen-leader on our campus. The team oversees student engagement experiences, fraternity and sorority life, student organizations, and family and friend programs.
- Lead initiatives promoting conditions that positively impact student success through the learning environment. More specifically:
- Co-lead the Hispanic College Institute.
- Support and connect with Diverse Student Organizations.
- Provide support to diverse student populations.
- Provide Undocumented/DACA resources.
- Provide resources for student diversity training and education.
- Demonstrate caring communication, ability to interact comfortably with students, families, faculty, and staff.
- Provide expertise and/or coordinate leading a centralized programming model to increase student belonging and engagement.
- Assist with weekly events and programs through supervision of student engagement specialists.
- Provide training opportunities to teach students how to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
- Learn university systems and processes related to departmental goals and objectives; Workday, TigerLink, social media, etc.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate student and staff participation in regional and national conferences.
- Assist with website changes and updates.
- Assist with training workshops, outreach, and support programs.
- Serve on committees within and externally to the division.
Bachelor’s degree completed, and working on Master’s degree in student affairs, higher education or in a related field plus two years of related professional experience.
- Master’s degree in student affairs, leadership, higher education, or in a related field.
- Two years of professional experience in student affairs.
- Experience in inclusion and diversity programming and services.
- Experience in new student orientation and transition programming and services.
- Demonstrated ability in effective presentation, facilitation, and communication (oral presentation).
- Experience in working with and leading undergraduate and graduate students.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Experience in using student development theory, multi-culturalism, and identity development theory to inform practice.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications/experience.
Deadline: review applications begins immediately until the position is filled.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Director of Student Engagement