- Completes internal/external rounds of the facility (check for security issues, equipment deficiency operations/hazards)
- Report and log if service/repairs are needed
- Patrols all areas to reduce opportunities for property loss, to detect fire and safety hazards
- Investigates theft or other incidents according to department policies.
- Assists enforcement of smoking, parking, access control and identification policies.
- Checks in/out prisoner patients
- Responds to disruptive patients/visitors
- Logs and documents daily issues
- Inspects equipment (checks radio and flash light battery charge, communication channel, pepper spray, expandable baton (ASP) and handcuffs)
- Ensures safe driving techniques of the vehicles under adverse weather conditions; loading and unloading the vehicles, maneuvers around obstacles; ability to maneuver vehicles through heavy traffic
- Completes daily maintenance of the vehicles by checking and filling gas, oil, transmission, windshield wiper and brake fluid levels, air pressure of tires; completes minor maintenance problems (ex: jump starts vehicle) or notifies management; logs vehicle in and out when in use; plugs in vehicle block warmers when necessary; and cleans snow and ice from vehicles.
- Responds and assists to codes (red, orange, silver, etc.); meets the fire/police department at the appropriate entrance and assisting as necessary; secures entrances and limiting access to the medical center during an emergency/disaster; responds and assists during a hazardous situation/disaster; and logs and documents emergency/disaster response.
- Performs additional duties in areas when needed: assists associates and guests to their cars when requested or if needing help; assists in covering for assisted parking department; and treats snow/ice packed sidewalks and parking lots with ice melt, retrieves and delivers bank bags
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.