Under the supervision of the Security Supervisor, the Transport Officer performs transportation for HaysMed patients that are being involuntarily committed to another facility. The Transport Officers will provide a safe and secure transport for our patients to another facility after being screened by mental health agencies and when requested by nursing staff or case management. HMC @ PV: Independently performs sorting, picking up and delivery of supplies and lab specimens for Pawnee Valley Community Hospital and offsite facilities; and responsible for transporting money deposits.
- Transport Officers will be placed on an on call rotation.
- Will be required to report for transport within 30 minutes.
- Will be required to follow the HaysMed Transport Procedures.
- Report and log if service/repairs are needed.
- Picks up supplies or lab specimens daily, delivers supplies and transports supplies for off site facilities and delivers specimens and supplies daily.
- Picks up and delivers lab specimens to outside facilities daily.
- Ensures proper transport procedures including: coolers, ice packs, hot packs, and or room temperature specimens for delivery.
- Ensures safe driving techniques of the vehicle under adverse weather conditions.
- Loading and unloading the vehicle, maneuvers around obstacles with large carts.
- Ability to maneuver vehicle through heavy traffic and difficult loading dock entries.
- A valid Kansas drivers license with an acceptable driving record and must be insurable through the medical center's insurance carrier.
- Additional certification may be required for certain patient care settings or populations. Specific information and the timeframe in which such certification must be attained will be provided by the department director/manager/supervisor at time of hire/transfer into department.
- High school graduate or equivalence
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.