- Salary: From $23.00 per hour + Experience/Shift Differential/Weekend Differential
- Sign on bonus: $5000.00
- Department: Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living
- Schedule: 12 Hour Shifts; Multiple Shifts Available
- Facility: Via Christi Village
- Location: Hays KS
Sign-on Bonus available for eligible full time positions.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide basic bedside care to long term care patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contribute to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administer medications and observe patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
- Educate patients/families about disease treatment plan including self-care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
- Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
No additional preferences.Why Join Our Team
Ascension Living is a nationally recognized non-profit senior living provider offering rewarding career opportunities in numerous locations across 11 states and Washington D.C. As part of our Independent Living, Assisted Living, Short-term Rehabilitation, Memory Support or Long-term Care teams, you will be empowered to provide compassionate, personalized care and develop lasting relationships with our residents and their loved ones. Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states. Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Senior Living will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English)
poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish)
poster. Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.E-Verify