The Program Director ensures that the intensive outpatient psychiatric program meets Psychiatric Medical Care’s (PMC) standards. Supervisor of the program staff, the Program Director’s responsibilities include: evaluating staff performance, recruiting and screening new staff, and providing community education to create awareness of the program. Good relationship building skills a must: comfortable and experienced with working closely with hospital CEO’s, CFO’s, CNO’s and high level decision makers. Must have a proven ability in conflict resolution and effective problem solving. The Program Director directs and coordinates the activities of staff to ensure quality patient care. They also must incorporate financial accountability into program activities.
- Education: associate’s degree or higher in nursing.
- Licensure: Registered Nurse
- Certification: Must meet any applicable state certification standards.
- Experience: two to three years of experience with seniors, hospital or nursing facility preferred.
- Must have proficiency using a PC in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Electronic Medical Records
- Experience communicating & working closely with Physicians
- Understanding and experience in behavioral healthcare
- Demonstrated skill in utilization management and review systems
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated skill in problem solving, consensus building, conflict resolution, advocacy, and team building
- Ability to accomplish work objectives where few precedents or guidelines currently exist
- Excellent oral and written communication skills