NOW HIRING: Individual with industrial electric or instrument and controls experience and strong interpersonal skills to work in our Great Bend location!
Sunflower, a generation and transmission cooperative serving Kansans, is seeking an Operator Technician EIC I-IV in Great Bend, Kansas! Operate, maintain, and repair low or high-pressure boilers, turbine-generators, combustion turbines, and other generation station equipment. Diagnose and repair electrical, instrument, and control equipment.
Many Sunflower positions are part of a training program, which requires employees to promote through the department upon completion of on the job and computer based training and testing. This position ranges from an Operator Technician O1E1 ($30.47) through an Operator Technician O4E4 ($47.39). Employees in the training program must progress through the Operations portion within one year increments; the EIC portion is self-paced.
- Put your mechanical and electronic aptitude, troubleshooting, and repair skills to work.
- Enhance your knowledge of power plant principles, practices, and systems.
- Enjoy the wonderful benefits Sunflower has to offer including low health insurance premiums and a company-funded pension.
- Two year post high school education in industrial electric or instrument and controls and two years progressively responsible industrial electric or instrument and controls experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of the Edison Electric Institute’s (EEI) Plant Operator Selections System (POSS) test and the Power Plan Maintenance Positions Selection System (MASS) test.
- Able to work overtime, both scheduled and/or unscheduled. Able to respond and report to work during off hours in emergency situations. Able to work rotating shifts, including holidays and weekends.
We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage candidates to review all the information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests, available here:
The username and password are both sunflower. Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It's important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI does not allow access to the actual tests. Testing sessions are held at various locations.
Sunflower Electric Power Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.