High Plains Mental Health Center currently has a full time position opening available in our Hays Main Location, for a Registered Nurse.
Qualifications: Current licensure by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred. A minimum of one year of nursing experience in either psychiatric/mental health nursing or in physician office practice preferred. Must demonstrate competency in the use of technology including computers, various software applications, printers, scanners, telephones, etc. Must also demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement, to include understanding and application of technology (hardware, software, equipment and processes).
Summary Description: Functions as a member of the Hays High Plains Mental Health Center treatment team in the provision of quality mental health services. Works closely and cooperatively with others in order to meet the psychopharmacological needs of the patient including adults, adolescents, and children. Utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care.
- Assists the Center psychiatrists and the APRN(s) in meeting patient psychiatric/nursing needs in both the Hays and Branch Offices. Alerts medical staff regarding problems and follows through with recommendations of physicians and APRN’s regarding patient care.
- Provides timely medication injections and timely documentation.
- Assists by coordinating requests from patients and staff for prescription renewals, including psychostimulant prescriptions.
- Coordinates laboratory services. Reviews all physiological lab coming in and forwards to the appropriate practitioner.
- Monitors for symptom reduction as well as side effects of medication.
- Assists in obtaining vital signs and documents on a timely basis.
- Provides medication reviews for patients as assigned. Assists patients in following medication instruction and assists with prescription assistance as needed. Is alert to informed consent issues. Provides patient education in order to increase knowledge and improve health and safety.
- Reviews and follows up on after-hours calls. Responds to telephone calls directed to psychiatric/nursing services. Triages these appropriately. Schedules those persons requesting prescription renewal or reporting concerns as indicated. Coordinates contacts with the patients’ primary care physician (or other practitioner) as indicated. Assists patient in acquiring needed health care. Reviews record for releases of information.
- Serves as a member of the treatment team for patients receiving medication services. Assists in answering questions regarding medication. Provides in-services as indicated.
- Assist and work with telehealth providers with coordination of care and follow-up telemedicine appointments as indicated.
- Maintains knowledge of psychopharmacology, mental health disorders, and working with people across the lifespan. Updates this information utilizing the continuing education process. Utilizes this in working with patients.
- Maintains clear, concise, timely documentation of clinical services in accordance with High Plains Mental Health Center policies and procedures.
Applicants should possess a valid Kansas driver’s license and a good driving record with no alcohol related incidents within the last five years. Must also be able to successfully pass an intensive background check including KBI, DCF Child/Adult abuse check and a drug and alcohol screen. Interested applicants should send their resume, transcript, three professional references and a letter of interest to Lauren Gardner, 208 East 7th Street, Hays, KS 67601. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Our patients are our number one concern, and we are here to exceed their expectations by providing excellent clinical care and premier service. If you share these goals, we encourage you to contact us to learn more about our opening. High Plains Mental Health Center offers an excellent benefit package including a portfolio of health, dental and vision benefits. High Plains Mental Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
High Plains Mental Health Center is a Smoke-Free facility. This includes the use of all tobacco, vaping devices and e-cigarettes.