The Academic Program Specialist will support the Operations Director in maintaining a high level of academic operational support for FHSU's international partnerships students. The specialist will coordinate academic programs of study between the partners, Global Affairs and the professional advisors in each college for all types degree program articulations. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service, organizational, oral and written communication skills; be detail-oriented; able to successfully serve as an integral member on a cohesive, diverse and fast-paced team. The candidate must be able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with a positive, collaborative attitude.
Fort Hays State University serves over 3,000 students annually through several multidimensional international partnership arrangements in multiple countries. The Global Affairs Academic Program Specialist will be integral to daily partnership operations. Under the direction of the Operations Director, this position will coordinate with all stakeholders to provide comprehensive academic operational support for FHSU students living and learning at partner schools and/or coming to study at FHSU.
Location: Potential remote or hybrid work arrangements available.
- Benefits package with Heath, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Accrues 6.77 hours vacation and 3.7 hours sick leave per pay period
- earn up to 272 hours of paid leave per year, (176 vacation, 96 sick leave)
- State paid holidays
- New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas
- Tuition Assistance for you and your family after one year of employment
- Employees are eligible for up to 6 credit hours per semester.
- Spouse and dependents are also eligible after a year. Dependent coverage will start at 20% and will increased each year by an additional 20%.
- Communicate with multiple international partners and internal stakeholders, sometimes outside of “regular” business hours to accommodate various time zones.
- Organize and maintain files and records relevant to the partnerships.
- Provide follow-up support for cross-border faculty and students by assisting in the admission, registration, matriculation, and degree completion.
- Intake advising for partnership students and ensure a seamless academic transition into on-campus and online degree programs.
- Provide reports and maintain partnership handbooks, operations and calendars.
- Assist with ongoing partner and program assessment
- Assist with logistics and planning for Global Affairs Initiatives and Director Operations.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency;
- 2 years of office experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, Adobe, and Teams.
- Bachelor's Degree;
- Experience working in some facet of international education environment or on a cross-cultural team.
Priority Deadline: Friday, December 23, 2022.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The cover letter should articulate why the applicant desires to work in an office serving international programs/students and a statement of why diversity, intercultural competence and global education is important.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS
. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Haley Williams, Global Affairs Operations Director
Global Affairs is in the Academic Affairs division and strives to fulfill the FHSU mission by implementing the six target areas of comprehensive internationalization (American Council on Education).
FHSU Mission: Fort Hays State University provides accessible quality education to Kansas, the nation, and the world through an innovative community of teacher-scholars and professionals to develop engaged global citizen-leaders.
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately 20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking, running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming, low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination: Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.