The Scheduler assists the Production Planning Department by creating, maintaining, and monitoring production schedules in accordance with customer demand to ensure maximum production efficiency and on time project completion.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Runs “What If” analysis on schedules regarding impacts to timelines, customers, sales, and budget - presents results with options to sales, finance, and senior management.
2. Analyzes purchasing needs, material availability, and product lead times to plan material arrival. Works with the Purchasing Department to ensure needed components are obtained in accordance with project timelines in order to meet deadlines.
3. Utilizes information pertaining to material delays, personnel constraints, and equipment availability to adjust production schedules and material plans. Responsible for communicating these changes to Purchasing, Production, Sales, and Customer Service Departments.
4. Builds new jobs into the production schedule to determine impacts to current jobs and department resources. Analyzes estimated completion dates based on those resources. Communicates resource availability to Management, Sales, and Customer Service.
5. Generates completion estimates for potential projects to assist with sales process.
6. Assists with other department administrative tasks as needed, to include distribution and maintenance of project documentation.
7. Files completed job orders according to retention policy.
8. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Secures tools, materials, and equipment at end of day.
9. Performs additional duties as needed.
Applicants must be 18 years or older. Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills are a must. We have an amazing benefits package! Benefits include Competitive Wages, Paid Health/Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Paid Life Insurance, Retirement Plan with an Employer Match, a wide range of supplemental benefits you can pick and choose from to customize your coverage, Uniforms (we even clean them for you) and Paid Time Off. Pre-Employment Drug Testing is required.
For questions, please contact the the Human Resources Department at (785)621-4075. To apply, you may fill out an application online at www.hess-services.com, stop by our office located at 2670 E. 9th Street, Hays, KS 67601 or visit your local Workforce Center. EOE.