First Care Clinic is looking for a Full-Time Dental Hygienist.
The Dental Hygienist is responsible for providing dental services to patients within the scope of his/her practice.
1. Graduate from a Dental Hygiene Program is required.
2. Current Dental Hygiene License in the State of Kansas is required.
3. Extended Care Permit I is required (once the number of required treatment hours is reached).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings.
2. Demonstrate compliance with patient confidentiality at all times.
3. Act in a professional manner, reflecting the mission of First Care Clinic.
4. Demonstrate the ability to remain calm, perform effectively and professionally during peak periods of activity and emergency situations.
5. Set up the treatment room and seat patients.
6. Perform dental prophylaxis and scaling and root planing on dental patients.
7. Place dental sealants as prescribed by the dentist.
8. Perform periodontal charting as needed.
9. Demonstrate and/or provide oral hygiene instructions to patients.
10. Have attending dentist perform exams on all patients.
11. Take digital radiographs as prescribed by the dentist.
12. Apply fluoride treatments as prescribed by the dentist.
13. Make entries into the patient’s chart of all treatment performed and conditions noted.
14. Escort the patient back to the lobby once treatment is completed.
15. Clean up the treatment room and set up for the next patient.
16. Maintain instruments for peak performance and in compliance with OSHA standards.
17. Organize, fill, and maintain appointment schedule.
18. Perform screenings, fluoride, sealants, and prophylaxis in accordance with the Dental Outreach Program.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Abilities
1. Required experience and demonstrated abilities in a multi-cultural setting.
2. Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission of First Care Clinic.
3. Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of healthcare professionals.
4. Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
5. Ability to manage time wisely and appropriately.
6. Strong computer skills needed to manage daily duties.
7. Excellent patient/guest/co-worker relations skills.
8. Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
9. Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multi-task.
10. Advanced knowledge of windows and Microsoft office.
11. Ability to follow written policies and procedures.
First Care Clinic offers competitive wages and has an excellent benefits package including:
- BCBS Health Insurance
- Delta Dental - Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Extended Illness Leave
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Gym Discount and much more!
Salary Range: $60,000/$70,000 - depending on experience
First Care Clinic is an EOE.
To apply please go to https://www.firstcareclinic.com/careers/