The marketing editor reports to the chief communications officer and is responsible for developing strategic communications and marketing content that elevates Fort Hays State University’s institutional profile. Efforts include researching and writing articles in support of university content marketing efforts, magazine and marketing copywriting and editing, writing press releases, news distribution, earned media strategy development. The marketing editor also serves as the senior editor of ROAR Magazine. This position may also include the supervision of one or more strategic communications specialists.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in English, education, history, creative writing, communications, marketing or related field. A minimum three years of relevant experience is required. Experience should include writing news, marketing or strategic communications content.
· Master's Degree in English, education, history, creative writing, communications, marketing or related field
· Experience practicing the use of AP Style in writing and editing
· Experience editing and producing news, public relations and/or marketing communications content
· Experience writing and editing copy across several channels, including blog posts, social media, the web, news reporting and longer-form copy and feature writing for brochures and magazines
Application Deadline: Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- Writing and editing a wide range of strategic communications content for the Office of University Relations and Marketing
- Developing strategic communications and marketing content for distribution across multiple channels (web, email and content marketing, social media, public relations, media outreach and internal communications)
- Monitoring and creating reports on media and social media coverage of the university and its key competitors
- Monitoring higher education, social and political news and issues to inform our efforts in developing strategic messaging and positioning
- Assisting in the development of executive presentation deliverables, including talking points, presentation media, speeches and scripts
- Managing internal campus communications
- Participating in crisis communications planning, training and real-time crisis communications management
- Working closely with university leaders and the media to earn coverage that advances the university and its thought leaders
- Ability to create story-driven content that aligns with institutional brand messaging concepts
- Working knowledge of uses and administration of popular social media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube)
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse target audiences
- Strong interviewing and interpersonal skills that generate strong working relationships with fellow team members, campus colleagues and the media
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and adjust to changes in projects and priorities
To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS
. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted. Required Application Documents
: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Application documents should be submitted as one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Scott Cason [email protected]