Trego County Lemke Memorial Hospital - Social Service is looking for a full-time Social Worker.
Provides for social, emotional, and psychological needs of skilled nursing residents/patients; promotes continuing growth and development to the individual’s full potential.
· Coordinates the provision of social services to residents/patients, families, and significant others to enable them to deal with the impact of illness on individual family functioning and to achieve maximum benefits from healthcare services.
· Develops and is involved in the implementation of programs to assist residents/patients and their families with the social and psychological factors of illness.
· Participates with physicians, nursing personnel and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the planning of resident/patient care services and appropriate care plans.
· Directs and participates in the development and implementation of Social Services resident/patient care policies and protocols and provides advice and guidance in handling special cases or resident/patient needs.
· Directs and coordinates the Social Services, discharge, and home care planning process to facilitate the continuity of care and the provision of effective resident/patient and family support services.
· Coordinates the referral of residents/patients and families to appropriate community, social service, home health service, extended care and rehabilitation facilities and organizations.
· Treats residents/patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of residents/patients and their families.
· Participates with Nursing in arrangements for transfer of residents/patients to other rooms.
· Participates in resident/patient care conferences involving nursing staff and other health team members, as required.
· Demonstrates and promotes an awareness of resident/patient rights; functions as a resident/patient advocate; ensures that staff members are aware of all resident/patient rights.
· Bachelor’s degree in social work from an accredited institution.
· 3 – 5 years of experience working with geriatric residents/patients.
· Knowledge of state regulations for skilled nursing facilities.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY:
Our application must be completed to be considered for this position. Please send application, resume, education, licensure/certifications (if applicable) to Human Resources, 320 N. 13th St., WaKeeney, KS 67672. They may also be dropped off at the hospital business office, emailed to [email protected]
or faxed to (785) 743-6317. To request an application by mail or email, please email or call (785) 743-2182. Applications also available on our website: www.tclmh.org
Salary commensurate with education and experience. We offer a negotiable nationally competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We are a progressive CAH hospital with in-patient, swing bed, out-patient, home health, assisted living, long-term care, and clinic services.
Candidates must be energetic, possess strong leadership skills, willing to work as a team, have a positive attitude, friendly and compassionate toward patients.
For hospital information: www.tclmh.org
For community information: www.tregocountyks.com
TCLMH is an Equal Opportunity Provider/Employer (EOE) and a tobacco free campus