The AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer program has multiple positions open!
Food Bank Nutrition VISTA (Full-time)
Wellness Coordinator (Summer Member)
Healthy & Safe Living Environments (Summer Member)
Assessor of Setting Safety, Compliance, and Planning (Summer Member)
Resources Research (Retail) (Summer Member)
Planned Giving (Summer Member)
Emergency Preparedness (Summer Member)
Full Time Members (1 Year Term) Benefits:
- Child Care assistance, if eligible - https://www.nationalservice.gov/resources/americorps/americorps-and-vista-child-care
- A full-time AmeriCorps VISTA member can choose to receive the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award, worth approximately $6,000 (voucher), or an end-of-service cash stipend, with approximately $1,800, at the end of their service term. The amount of a full-time Education Award increases every year based on the Pell Grant.
- Education award upon successful completion of service. The award is in the form of a voucher and can be used for future educational training and related expenses at Title IV schools, and/or to repay existing eligible federal student loans. Be sure to visit the EdAward site to learn which student loans are qualified and which are not.
- Health coverage - https://www.vistacampus.gov/members/benefits-of-service/healthcare-benefit
- Living allowance ($36.71/day)
- Relocation allowance (Relocation Travel Allowance: This allowance is based on the direct mileage between your home address and your VISTA service site. The allowance is calculated at $0.40 per mile and is paid eight to ten weeks after you submit a relocation voucher. This is based on the address you are located when you apply for the position.)
- Training (training available through the VISTA portal or by the agency that the member is at)
- Personal Leave: 10 days (vacation, personal days, religious observances)
- Medical: 10 days (illness, injury, medical appointments)
- Parental: for birth or adoption, use personal and medial first. Might be approved for an additional 10 days for a total of 30 days, if required by a medical professional.
- Emergency: Up to 5 additional leave days may be granted if a natural disaster requires leaving the site or an immediate family member becomes critically ill or dies. Sponsors must approve and notify the state office.
- Military: As required by Military
- Jury Duty: As necessary
Summer Members serve 9 weeks (5/24/2021 - 7/25/2021) Benefits:
- Living allowance ($36.71/day)
- For 2021, the value of the education award is $1,311.11 for Summer Associates. The award is in the form of a voucher and can be used for future educational training and related expenses at Title IV schools, and/or to repay existing eligible federal student loans. Be sure to visit the EdAward site to learn which student loans are qualified and which are not
- OR The end-of-service cash stipend is paid in your last two living allowance payments, and you can use it however you like. Federal income tax and Social Security (FICA) deductions are withheld from the stipend at the time of payment. The daily accrual rate for members is $4.94.
- While neither personal nor sick leave is available to Summer Associates, three categories of leave that may be available to Summer Associates.
- Holidays: Summer Associates receive leave on federal holidays observed by their project site.
- Emergency Leave: When an emergency or illness prevents a Summer Associate from serving, CNCS staff may approve make-up time to assist the Summer Associate in meeting the required number of service days.
- Jury Duty: Summer Associates who are summoned for jury duty will continue to receive their living allowance.
- Leave must be requested and receive approval in advance from the sponsoring organization/supervisor.