- Salary: Starting from $49,670.40 +Experience
- Sign-on bonus: $5,000.00
- Department: Social Services
- Schedule: Monday- Friday
- Facility: Via Christi Village Hays
- Location: Hays, KS
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Direct the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for the social services function.
- Develop departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plan, organize and direct all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepare departmental budgets and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinate and direct internal/external audits.
- Direct and evaluate all services provided, including care plan development, service level determination, and complaint management to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required. (Will waive for the right applicant!!!)
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work
- Social work license
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Living is a nationally recognized non-profit senior living provider offering rewarding career opportunities in numerous locations across 11 states and Washington D.C. As part of our Independent Living, Assisted Living, Short-term Rehabilitation, Memory Support or Long-term Care teams, you will be empowered to provide compassionate, personalized care and develop lasting relationships with our residents and their loved ones.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Senior Living will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English)
poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish)
posterPay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.E-Verify