Audio/Video Production Teacher- Hays High School USD 489
2023-2024 School Year
The Audio/Video Production Teacher serves the Hays High and USD 489 Community by providing instruction that promotes and supports college and career readiness in the Digital Media Pathway. The instructor will emphasize student proficiencies based on the National and State Career Technology Education Standards and promote pathway concentrators and completers for the Digital Media Pathway. The instructor will also foster student interest in the A/V Career Field through a variety of A/V productions and video products which will be broadcast through USD 489 News/Tribe Broadcasting, Hays High School’s Youtube video sharing website. The instructor is instrumental in training and working with students to provide livestreamed and recorded media coverage of Hays High and USD 489 events (supplemental salary contract offered).
The Audio/Video Production Teacher is expected to:
- Plan and prepare meaningful lessons based on student needs to instruct and assess students in technical competencies and State CTE Standards for the Digital Media Pathway.
- Create a classroom environment of respect and rapport, establish a culture for learning for all students, and manage student behavior with respect and dignity.
- Submit required reports in a timely manner, participate in staff, department, committee, and team meetings.
- Obtain instructional resources and materials through processes outlined by the Principal/ Assistant, CTE Coordinator and/or District Administration.
- Keep informed regarding new technologies that facilitate and support student learning.
- Be knowledgeable in the HHS School Action Plan with a focused effort of implementation with fidelity and purpose.
- Communicate clearly and accurately with administrators, staff, parents, students and support agencies.
- Be an active member of the professional learning community: student, committee meetings, as well as assist in early recognition and prevention of educational problems.
- Respect the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, state, and federal laws.
- Attend/assist with school events; supervise students in all activities related to classroom and student publications
- Strive to communicate the positive aspects of our school program to the public in word and deed.
- Uphold and enforce Board policies, administrative procedures, school rules, and federal and state regulations
- Perform other duties assigned by the principal or other building or district administrators.
The Audio/Video Production Teacher has the ability to:
- Maintain regular and good work attendance
- Work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Manage job responsibilities while meeting established deadlines.
- Access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED AND MAY CLOSE BEFORE [JUNE 1, 2023] ***
Our District’s Certified Salary Schedule has 12 categories, with salaries ranging from $42,700 to $64,350 based on education and experience.
• Full District Paid Single Medical and Dental Coverage
• Free Annual Eye Exams with Medical Coverage
• Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Vision Materials Coverage
• District Paid Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life
• Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identify Theft Insurance
• Flexible Spending options for Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
• District contribution to Health Saving Account
• District contribution to 403b retirement plan in addition to KPERS - State of Kansas Retirement
• Paid Time Off
• Seasonal Breaks, Weekends, Holidays Off
• [Tuition Assistance partnership with FHSU]
Apply Online at: